How do you get rid of bees on hummingbird feeders?
7 Natural Ways to Keep Bees Away From Hummingbird Feeders
- Choose red saucer feeders.
- Attach an ant moat.
- Hang feeders with fishing line.
- Slip nectar guard tips over hummingbird feeder holes.
- Periodically move the feeders.
- Hang a few fake wasps’ nests.
- Plant bee- and hummingbird-friendly food sources.
How do you keep bees away?
6 Natural Ways to Keep the Bees Away
- Cucumber peel Cucumber peel is great for keeping bees away from specific, small areas.
- Peppermint Bees want to avoid the smell of peppermint in the areas and plants they hang around.
- Cinnamon Spreading cinnamon in areas that bees frequent is a great way to drive them off.
What is the best bee proof hummingbird feeder?
Here are 4 of the best bee proof hummingbird feeders to help keep the bees away and your hummingbird community happy.
- #1: Aspects HummZinger Excel 16oz Hanging Hummingbird Feeder.
- #2: First Nature Double Stack Hummingbird Feeder.
- #3: Birdscapes 8111-2 Violet Meadows 8-Ounce Glass Hummingbird Feeder.
Why are honey bees swarming my hummingbird feeder?
The bees are so thick and aggressive that they are driving the poor hummers away. A shortage of nectar-producing flowers due to this summer’s drought is causing the bees to scramble to find any type of high-carb substitute, such as the syrup in hummingbird feeders.